Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day is Over

My DH, Paul, is a locomotive engineer for a "family friendly" major rail company. Paul works on a rotating board and when your number is up, it is up. Predictably, he was called to be on duty Sunday, Father's Day.

In true railroad fashion, we just rescheduled Father's Day (all feasts are moveable). On Moday, Paul received a call to "dead-head" home. He arrived about 10:00 AM and by noon, his exhaustion caught up with him. I shopped and made a lovely "manly" dinner of prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh spinach salad with orange and pineapple. My dear friend Robin made a lovely batch of cheese straws and a chocolate peanutbutter cake that was DIVINE!

The kids gave Paul some sweet hand-painted coasters. These clever coasters started out as 4" square porous unsealed tiles from the home improvement center. We used permanent markers to draw an outline of a butterfly, leaf, etc. I then got the girls to color with washable markers. The magic happens when you then paint with water making something that looks like water colors (some can even be blotted off). After they dry, a quick seal coat with clear spray paint and some adhesive cork backing and they were complete.

I hope that I can get my camera working a put some pictures here. It was a beautiful Monday. I was humbly thankful for all that I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment