Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ripping Yarns

Well, I admitted my latest obsession and then hid out. This is not something new. My good friends, husband and family can confirm that I have a habit of hiding from things that make me uncomfortable. The psychologists call this behavior avoidance. So I have been avoiding the act of blogging... I wonder what I am afraid of.

What else have I been avoiding?
  • house cleaning
  • laundry
  • painting the kitchen, living room...
  • work
  • job searching
  • weight issues
The list is endless. What to do about them? It? You just start.

Yesterday, I started checking email, testing and responding to email. Work is begun again.

I folded four+ loads of laundry. Yes, this is enough to cover my king size bed. I even put it away! This is a huge deal.

I picked up my daughters' room, or at least the center floor. This particular project will take a bit more effort. The two of them bring new meaning to the term deconstructed.

I ate sooo much better... I skipped the pizza my husband brought home for lower fat fare. I also went for a walk. Small steps, but if I keep them going, I can rip out the yarns of life that I am not happy with. Once that is done, maybe I can look at the work and move forward into something I am proud of.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this after finding it on your Facebook page; apparently, you're hiding this, too!

    You could ask for help when you need it, you know! Even I do that sometimes....

    :)

    ReplyDelete